Followers

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Yipee Holiday at Sir Stampalot

Well Guys this holiday lark is seriously not good for the bank balance.
On Saturday I am joining several other 'Crafty Ladies' for the 2nd Ultimate Rubber Stamping Day at Sir Stampalot in Peterboro.
As always I take a couple of extra days, as holiday from the real job, to go up early and stay with Janice and Andy, and try and help out. This usually involves making samples at some point - maybe I should call this the real job!!
The one disadvantage to being here is that you are amongst all these wonderful new toys, and as a committed Stampaholic I just HAVE TO HAVE THEM - I guess the new glasses will just have to wait for another month!!
We managed to catch up on the orders ( the royal we that is!!) and then Nick and I (he works for J and A) got on with stock counting Tildas.
Why ever did I suggest that was a good idea. Do you know how many designs of Tilda there are in this place,968 and each one has to be counted and recorded. J&A's system is wonderfully automated but there is, I'm afraid, no substitute for good old fashioned legwork when it comes to counting the blessed things!!
Technology is brilliant when it works but not so good when you've counted 48 boxes of stamps and the computer tells you that there is nothing there so you have to count them again. Aaarg!!!!
Of course the other disadvantage to counting them is that you get to see all the designs, and then of course you just have to have them. Thank goodness I only shop when I see things, and not on line, cause at this rate I'm going to need a seriously rich toyboy.
Have finally finished counting but haven't had much time to play yet so I thought I would share a card with you that I made last time I was up here.

The card uses
Magnolia Fall Edwin 1946E
Magnolia Christmas Cracker 2109H
Hero Arts Holiday Sayings CL343
Cuttlebug folder - Textile 37-1153
One advantage to blogging while I'm in the shop is that I can give you the codes for everything.
Will try and get some samples done tomorrow to share with you.
I will be playing with the Walnut Hollow Creative Metal and alcohol inks on Saturday so I look forward to seeing you. Its always a fabulous day with lots of fantastic demos to see - I always learn some new tip or technique from someone.
Must drag the guys of the computer in a minute so we can get home. I do need some sleep you know.
Sleep tight.
Love Kimx

5 comments:

  1. Didn't realise you were on the look out for a toyboy. I'll keep an eye open for you. 968 Tildas? I own one! Only another 967 to go then. Don't forget to come back to us. We need you.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Edwin looks great, wonder what's in the cracker! How many Tildas? Had a great day at the demo.
    Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, saw you at the demo yesterday. Very impressed by all your lovely samples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was lovely to see everyone at the show yesterday. I will get to post soon but still recovering from my weeks HOLIDAY!!!

    Love Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim

    Had a fab day yesterday it was lovely to see you. Enjoy your holiday.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx