Followers

Monday 15 March 2010

A second helping of Clarity

Hello Ladies,thanks for stopping by.
Sorry its been a while but I’ve not had a very good week. I hope that you were all well and truly pampered on Mother’s Day. I had lots of cups of coffee made for me and Roast Lamb for dinner - my favourite.
I will have to post a couple of times a day at this rate to catch up with all the cards that I still have to share with you from Barbara's show, and then there is Jenny’s show tomorrow, and I’m going to be at Olympia now as well as Janice and Andy’s - wow I’m going to need a holiday to get over this one lol.
This second stamp set featured three different corners and as you can see I got a little carried away. Black and white predominates, they just seemed to work so well with this colour combination.
As you can see I am definitely in to my easel cards, and I think that this is my favourite card from this collection. I have also used one of the new cuttlebug folders and some punched flowers.
Black, white and silver again with some card candy as a finishing touch.I'm usually a gold girl, but I think the silver works really well.
A close up of the card shows the crystals that I have used at the centre of the floral corners.
This card started out as black and white but I have changed the overall effect by mounting onto blue card stock. I went back to gold embossing on the main card and added a punched flower and some leaves.
I usually heat emboss everything in sight, but here I have flat stamped the image with a dye based ink pad and then used a damp paint brush to pull the colour from the image. Once again some cuttlebugging and punched flowers complete the card.
This card uses a dye based ink pad and flat stamping to create a geometric design around the word stamp.
Similar to the previous card but I have sponged dye based ink over the entire panel and then added the greeting to the centre of the card afterwards.
This final card returns to the black and white theme with some added punched flowers.
I hope that you like the cards, I certainly enjoyed making them as you can see from the fact that I got quite carried away with the number of samples.
I have just received my next parcel from Barbara so I had better get my thinking cap on. In the mean time I will share some more cards with you soon, it may even be later tonight you never know.
Happy Stamping
Love Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, very elegant - all stunning especially love the black ones.
    Hugs Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fleur, glad you liked them. The black ones are definately my favs as well.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx