Followers

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Penny Black Poppy

Evening Everyone, thanks for stopping by.
Hasn't it been a wonderfully sunny day. I obviously picked the right one to take off from my real job to teach a class on making roses.
The ladies all seemed to have a great time, and the colour combinations were just stunning. Isn't it amazing just how different our colour choices can be. I always tend to stick to 'safe' colour combos when prepping a class and it is always great when people choose something completely different to what I have chosen.
The card I am sharing tonight is made with what has to be my favourite Penny Black stamp at the moment. I feel in love with it even before I saw some of the stunning cards that Brenda has made with it. (http://stamping-fantasies.blogspot.com/)
The background on which the image has been stamped has been created using pearl Silkies and bundled sage and wild honey distress inks. This has co-ordinated beautifully with papers from my stash.
I am actually sending this card to the Girls at Butterfly Kisses - I promised it to them at Ally Pally so I had better get it in the post asap. Besides I am back at work tomorrow so I need to get some sleep. Sorry about the picture quality, I think I really do need to invest in a better camera, the card looks so much better than the pictures make out.
Nite nite and thanks for looking in.
Love Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    Stunning card. Love the colour combo. Have so far resisted buying this PB stamp as I have loads of floral images, but...

    I was at Ally Pally on the Saturday, but didn't know you were there otherwise I would have stopped by and said hello. Ally Pally has to be my fav show, but ArtStamps is a close second. The NEC is just way too big and the tickets are expensive too.

    Hugs, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are coming on . . . . LOL Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only joking! It's a fab card and even better in real life. Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx