Followers

Saturday 22 May 2010

Back to Schoolhouse

Good Evening Everyone.
I hope that you have all had a wonderful day, hasn't the weather been beautiful!
I have spent a very enjoyable, if hot and tiring day in Chichester helping out at 'The Schoolhouse' an event organised by the fabulous Sarah and Anna owners of The Eternal Maker.
The Schoolhouse is an Annual event and is a day cram packed with crafting taster classes, food and great company.This event is held at their shop in Chichester, which is well worth the visit at any time, especially if you are into fabric and buttons. It is an absolute Treasure Trove of 'Stuff'.


The classes are held at various tables inside the shop. The table on the right are making Sock People and to the left an Envelope Album.


The dark haired lady in the centre of this photo is Corinne, my chauffeur for the day, teaching the ladies how to create fimo embellishments to decorate a jam jar. She added a pincushion to the lid to turn it into a practical and fun item. As you can see her table was sited amongst the numerous bolts of fabric which grace every available space.



Unfortunately we didn't travel down with Jane Gill, but she was there to share a stamping class using one of the stamp sets from her own range available from Woodware. She had also integrated fabric into the card.


A marques had been erected in the car park and this is where we served all the food and drink. There was homework to be completed and spot prizes throughout the day and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.
I even got to participate on one of the classes which was great.
I did a 'Make and Take' for the ladies during their lunch break, and had hoped to complete a card to share with you tonight, but I had a wonderful surprise visitor when I got home in the shape of my Mum who I haven't seen in person for what seems like forever. We communicate regularly by e-mail, not bad for a couple of 'Oldies', but its not the same as the real thing so you will have to forgive my lack of card to share with you tonight.
My Daughter and Sin-in-Law have just taken her home so I am writing this while I listen out for the Grandchildren.
Must get to bed now. I'm so glad that I don't have to get up early for the Biggin Hill show tomorrow, but I do hope that you all have a great time if you go to it.
Will try and post something 'Crafty' tomorrow.
Sleep Well.
Love Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had lots of fun and a great day.
    louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx