Followers

Monday 10 May 2010

A Stitch in time...........

Hi, I need break from being creative so I thought that I would share another of the cards that I made for Barbara.


I was really pleased with this one as it combined several of my favourite elements - nesties, bleach and an Easel card. The nestie is not the usual brand and is a little bit different. I can't remember whos make it is as I always throw away the packaging which I suppose isn't always sensible lol


The tape measure makes fabulous background paper. I stamped it with bleach and then alternated it with a versamark pad.
The buttons are tied with a very thin strip of card to match the main card colour.
I seem to have become quite addicted to silicone.
Thank you Janice for finally getting me to see the light. It is so much better than sticky fixers as you can get shape and movement into everything, which makes all the difference although I'm not sure that this photo really shows that off.
Hope you like the card.
Coffee and the Craft room are calling. I must make the most of my day off, it's back to the grind tomorrow!!!
Have a good evening, you never know I might be back again later lol.
Love Kimx

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! The curve on the dressmaker's dummy makes it look so real. (Wish I had a figure like that!!)

    May I ask, when you 'paint' with bleach on a stamped card, what kind of brush do you use? I bleached a card and my brush dissolved! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad i managed to convert you to silicone, it is so much better than foam pads, and don't worry the photo does show the shaped effect of the dummy.
    And i hope you don't mind me being so forward, but i believe the nestie equivalent you are using is this one
    http://www.sirstampalot.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=33739
    right must go and do something on my own blog !!
    night night
    - janicex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx