Followers

Saturday 3 July 2010

A Card for Vixykins Nan

Evening Everyone.
I've been so busy today (cardmaking and babysitting the twins!!!!) that I haven't stopped to take any pictures and now it's too dark, so I thought that I would share the card that I made for Vixykins to send to her Nan on her 90th birthday.
For those of you who didn't know about it Vix tried to organise 90 cards for her Nan's 90th birthday.
 I think it was an absolutely brilliant idea and I happily sent a card for her to give to her Nan on the big day.
I only wish I had thought of it for my Mum who will be 80 in August :-)
This is the card that I sent her.
It was made with one of my all time favourite Hobby Art stamps from the Jean's Floral Collection. I have stamped it several times on to a sheet of sticker paper that is pre cut into squares. Once I had coloured it in - distress inks of course lol - I have reassembled nine squares sticking them onto black glossy cardstock and leaving a narrow border around them.
This panel has been mounted onto a green card that has had the floral image stamped and embossed down the right hand side. I have then coloured this with bleach.
Boy this card is full of my favourite things lol.
A piece of ribbon across the centre completes the card.
I hope Doreen had a fabulous knees up, and that Vix didn't get in too much trouble. You know what Nan's can be like when they scold you lol.
Better close now. I seem to be getting a little better with this new edition of blogger. I suppose like anything it just takes practise and like most 'oldies' I don't like change.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love Kimx 

1 comment:

  1. Kim this is so very beautiful. What a lovely idea for Vix's Nan
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx