Followers

Sunday 25 July 2010

Rumble in the Jungle

Hi All
I hope you have all had a good weekend, its been hot but cloudy here, if that makes any sense.
I have had a fabulous weekend making cards for various people, and all the cards are cute. My cute phase shows no sign of letting up I'm afraid.
The card that I am sharing tonight has been made to give to my friend at work for her son who will be one on Tuesday.
I would like to enter it into the challenge over at Friday Sketchers.
The cute giraffe stamp is from a Woodware clear stamp set that has been designed by Francoise Read. It is called Jungle Pals FRCL127 and is available over at Sir Stampalot.
I have used distress inks to colour with, I do love these, and also to edge each of the card and paper panels. The leaf has been stamped and embossed onto Bazzill card stock and the image has then been painted with bleach, another of my favourite things.
I have made the giraffe 3D, and the leaves from the second image have been used to embellish the plain brown panel,
The greeting is by Hobby Art, also available from Sir Stampalot.
The leaf punch is from Woodware, so I'm sure that Sir Stampalot can get hold of it as well.
I confess that I didn't make an envelope for it - not too many flowers - but I did embellish the envelope and the inside of the card.
I will have to get away from cute tomorrow as I have a class to prep for using the Hobby Art scenic clear stamp sets.
My room has undergone a bit of upheaval tonight as the sky men are coming tomorrow to install a Sky plus box for me. I hope it is as easy as unplugging the existing one and plugging in the new one. If not they will have to come back as it will mean unloading 3 Billy bookcase units full of craft stuff !!!!!!!!!! As it is I will have to climb into bed though a six inch gap between my table and a pile of boxes. There is no chance of me falling out of bed to night that's for sure lol.
Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow.
Thanks for dropping by.
Love and hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Well of course, I'd have made a box or suitable envelope........ x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that´s really wonderful and so cute.
    thank you for joining the friday sketchers challenge.
    hugs, bea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx