Followers

Thursday 1 July 2010

Swing on over to Newbury

Evening Everyone.
Have you had a good day?
This weekend sees the Artstamps Show at Newbury.
I haven't managed to get to it for a few years now, but I always remember it fondly as a lovely friendly show.
I have made this card for Julia at Simply Stamps, who will be exhibiting at the show.
It uses one of the new Slapstick Stamps from Penny Black.


She's definitely not my usual style, although I did manage to use my Distress inks to colour her, and of course I had to sponge the edges of the card panels.
I think the pearls finish it off nicely.


I used a Nestie to cut the panel that she is mounted on to, and after sponging around the edges I have drawn a dotted line using a white Gelly Roll pen.
The background paper is from my stash and has been embossed using one of the Cuttlebug folders, and then sanded.


I have added ribbon, lace and flowers, all from stash. Its amazing what you find when you don't have to worry whether or not people can buy it on your class!!!!!!Even some of the Magnolia Chandeliers managed to find their way on to it.(These are available from http://www.sirstampalot.co.uk/)
The card is being hand delivered for me by Jenny from Hobby Art.
She will also be at the Show and very kindly said that she would make sure that it arrived safely, not squashed as it might have been if I had popped it in the post.
That's the trouble when you get inspired, you don't give a thought to how you are actually going to get your finished work to it's destination, so it became very dimensional.
I hope you like it.
Can't believe that tomorrow is Friday again, where has another week gone to???
Better finish now, have a few e-mails to send.
Happy Stamping
Love Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is adorable. I hope to see it RL on sunday when I get to the show.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx