Followers

Friday 9 July 2010

Winged Creatures


Afternoon Everyone.
I swear they are out to get me...................moths and flying things that is.
Anyone that knows me knows that I am not good with moths or spiders. That is probably an understatement. I HATE THEM.
Well this week they have definitely fought back. On at least 3 separate occasions I have leaped back from the till - in the middle of serving a customer I may add - as I have been dive bombed by a huge moth.
The first couple of times our trainee manager came to my rescue. Apparently he is on constant moth watch at home since his wife doesn't like them either. She will not allow him to hurt them so on these occasions my attacker was gently removed and allowed to fly free.
I'm afraid today he fared less well - no trainee manager only a firm magazine. I'm sorry all you insect lovers but it was him or me :)
Anyway I figured that this led me quite nicely into pictures of one of the cards that I made for Barbara.
This stamp is called Moonfairy and was part of  the latest Christmas show that Barbara did on Create and Craft.
I have coloured him/her using distress inks and added some Pearlex to the wings although I'm afraid that it doesn't show up too well in the pictures.
My Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and an EK Success Border punch were also used to good effect.
I'm afraid I seem to be very into my hand made flowers at the moment. There are just so many wonderful tutorials out there and they do add a fantastic finishing touch.
Gotta go now, I have to go back to work and count the cigarettes - 2 hours of Air Con how wonderful!!
Have a good evening.
Happy Crafting
Love
Kimx

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx