Followers

Saturday 11 September 2010

More Black and White

Hi Guys
Had a brilliant day at Lavender Lane as expected.
The ladies all seemed to have a great time and really enjoyed themselves, and there was plenty of coffee lol.
As promised here are the other two cards that we made in the Black and White Christmas card class.
This first one is very simple but effective. I stamped Inca 5018g Warm Winter Wishes in black, onto white card stock and embossed with crystal embossing powder. After I cut it out using a square nestie I drew a stitched line around the edge.
This was mounted onto a black glossy scalloped panel, again cut with a nestie, and then onto white card. Finally mount onto a black square card which has had a versamark ink pad tapped around the edge. This is then embossed with crystal embossing power.
The final finishing touch is a small crystal at the centre of each snowflake.
The second card uses one of the new embossing folders from Crafts Too.
I have used just one of the greetings from the panel (there are six messages in total) and having trimmed round it I have gently rubbed a black ink pad across it to make the greeting stand out. I have mounted this onto black glossy card and trimmed to leave a narrow border.
The main card is white with a piece of black card mounted onto it which has first been run through the Cuttle bug using a snowflake embossing folder. I have transferred ink from my favourite Stardust pen (no 700) on to the embossing with my finger. I'm afraid it doesn't show up terribly well in the photo.
The card has been finished off with a few flowers made from black and white pattered paper and one of the multiple flower punches from Woodware.
We had to improvise a little with this card in class as I had one of those moments which all of us dread. You know the one where all of your cuttle bug folders are sitting at home on your work bench!!!
Fortunately Jane had several folders available for use in the workroom so we managed, even if they weren't the ones that I had used here.
I think that everyone had a good time and I can see quite a few black and white Christmas cards being sent this year lol.
I also appear to have become responsible for yet another addict. Welcome to the wonderful world of Crafting, you will have an amazing time and meet lots of lovely people along the way. Enjoy.
I'm in the mood for some card making so I am going to close now and try and finish a couple of the bits that I made today.
You never know I might share them with you tomorrow.
Have a good evening, what's left of it.
Love and hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Yes, lots of coffee, banter and card making. It was a good day thank you. I was very pleased with my modest efforts. So glad I was able to make both classes. I'm still in debt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloooooooo! Are u at port sunny? Hope so x

    Fab fab design, love b+w cards (btw that's the happy stampers theme for the show too!)

    See ya soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx