Followers

Sunday 31 October 2010

I'm on holiday, yeaaaaaah................

Yippee, it's here at last, my holiday in Peterboro.
I'm staying with Janice and Andy at Sir Stampalot. I don't do holidays as such, a week on a beach is my idea of hell, but I do so look forward to my little breaks here.
The guys set me up a table in the store, and I sit and play. There are usually a few challenges awaiting me, and I often end up doing an impromptu demo when customers ask questions about something in the shop, but it is the least I can do to help out.
I'm also in charge of getting us up early in the morning and making sure that everyone is fed and watered.
I try and help out where I can, and tend to be go-fer when it comes to running upstairs to get stuff from the warehouse. I wish I could say that it helps to keep me fit, but the reality is that a week where the nearest I get to exercise is choosing a new piece of paper or card from the racks has a rather nasty effect on the waist line. Still, there is always next week for the diet to begin, for now I will just continue to enjoy a little bit of crafting heaven.
As you can see from the picture above I am nicely set up and have spent the day making a couple of cards using some of the left over bits from the Pearlex part 2 class that I taught on Wednesday evening.
The background has been made using metallic cats eyes and powdered Pearlex. I have then stamped and embossed using an old Penny Black holly stamp.
The square panel has been cut from another newer Penny Black Poinsettia stamp and coloured using distress inks.
I felt mean sitting in the shop making a card that I would then take home with me, so I ended up making a similar one for the shop. I didn't have my Pearlex powders with me, but Janice has got Cosmic shimmers so I used those instead.
The holly stamp this time is from the new Tilda Christmas collection.
One of the major advantages there is to sitting in the store is that I can always find just the right thing to finish off the card that I am working on - not so good on the wallet though!!
Of course one of the first things that I did when I arrived last night was to have a good look around the store and there have been numerous items that have found their way into my shopping basket, or should that be box lol. The guys have set aside a section of the store for some bargains, and lets face it we are all drawn towards them.
I had better sign off now as we are planning another early start, at least we get an extra hour in bed with the clocks going back.
If I'm lucky I might get to blog again tomorrow, I have another card finished ready so who knows lol
Enjoy your lie in.
Love and hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Morning Kim

    Was good to see you yesterday and a lovely suprise.

    Alas my class didn't allow as much time for chat as we might have liked, but not long till the next get together.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Kim! I absolutely love the colours. Even more beautiful in real life (saw the first one in the shop yesterday.) The photo doesn't do justice to the shimmer of the powders. Enjoy your holiday! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx