Followers

Tuesday 19 April 2011

A palace for a Princess

Evening Everyone.
The phantom cake maker has been at it again.
This castle was made by my Sin-in-law Jason (a tyre and exhaust fitter for those of you who have just joined my blog!!!). It was made for his best friends eldest daughter.
He took over the kitchen for several days and everything has a distinctly dusty feel due to copious amounts of icing sugar that were sifted around, but I think the end result was worth all the effort. Everyone at the party certainly seemed to think so anyway.
My Granddaughter Megan suggested the drawbridge and every thing has a liberal sprinkling of fairy dust although that is very hard to show off in the pictures. Even the grass around the castle has been hand textured, quite a labour of love.
My small contribution was a card from my box for the birthday girl. I made it some time ago with an old Magnolia stamp from Sir Stampalot 1165D Tilda in Boots. The sentiment is by Hobby Art.
I have hundreds of finished cards but very few ready made for little girls or boys so this was quite a find, especially as they didn't ask about a card till they were just about to walk out the door lol.
Have a good evening.
Love Kimx

2 comments:

  1. That cake is a work of art. I don't suppose there was any left was there? Cute card too Kim. I could eat both! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Jason! That is one beautiful cake, and I bet it tasted as delicious as it looks! (My daughter bakes, so I know just what you mean about icing sugar dusted everywhere!)

    Your card is lovely, too - you always choose such terrific colours, those purples are gorgeous!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx