Followers

Monday 9 May 2011

A Girly Afternoon

Evening
I hope that you have all had a better day than I have. I managed to escape a stint in the Wild Bean Cafe twice last week, but it finally caught up with me today when Beverly didn't come back from her holiday.
Believe me hot ovens and hot flushes really do not go well together, she had better be back tomorrow or I might just end up killing someone lol.
This is a card that I made last month for a young lady who will always be very special to me. Her name is Victoria and I can't believe that she was 21 on 28th April.
I was a childminder for a long time and Victoria was the youngest child I ever looked after since she started with us at the tender age of 6 weeks. She became part of our extended family, even popping in after after she moved onto Secondary School, so I felt that a very special card was warranted.
Once again I have used one of the Lili of the Valley die cut sheets Girly Afternoon and matched the card to the pre-coloured image. I cut her out using a Nestie and padded the panel with silicon as I have tried to show here.
Of course no girly card would be complete without flowers, and these ones matched perfectly I think you will agree. I added some stardust pen to give the image a bit of sparkle.
Having taken all my pictures I then decided that the mirror would look better with some glossy accents added to it so I retook this one.
I hope she received this card fairly close to her birthday. She is away at University and last year my card was carefully put in a drawer awaiting her return during the holidays only to stay there until after Christmas. Perhaps I will send her a message via facebook so that she can at least know what she is looking for lol.
Better stop now it's late again.
Love and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx