Followers

Friday 27 May 2011

High Flight by John Gillespie Magee

Hi
I can't believe that it's Friday again, and what a dull one compared to the last couple of Bank Holiday weekends. It certainly hasn't been the bright cloudless sky as depicted in the card I have made using the wonderful new Hobby Art  Flypast set.
The greeting is also part of the set and is taken from a poem called High Flight by John Gillespie Magee.
As Jenny explained on her show on Wednesday, Magee was an American Spitfire pilot during World War II and the verse was inspired during a high altitude test flight.
It was penned  on the back of a letter to his parents, three months before he died at the tender age of 19.
I managed to create the main panel for the card without any difficulty using several of the stamps from the set and I think the verse works beautifully with it. I used one of my nesties and a lovely sketch over at Sketch Saturday.
I think it's about time I entered another challenge, don't you lol. I hope it meets all the criteria.
I love the little airplanes peeping out from behind the rolled background paper.
The card actually got quite an airing on the show as the presenter was holding it whilst Jenny was explaining the origins of the verse.
Better post this now or I will miss the deadline for the challenge. Hope you all have a good weekend and the weather isn't too disappointing where ever you are.
Love and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kim, A stunning card, I got quite excited when I saw this card, I'm always stuck for ideas for Darren's birthday card & he is very interested in WW11. so I have got to get this set. Just have to wait though as I had a trip to sir stamp earlier in the week lol!
    Hope you are keeping well.
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx