Followers

Sunday 5 June 2011

No it's not charcoal, it's Stamping in Soot.

Hi
Hope you all got the chance to see Barbara on the box today.
The weather here has been miserable so it has definitely been a TV watching day rather than a gardening one lol. Not that I do gardening.
I thought that I would set the record straight about how this card was made. The presenter kept saying that it had been done with charcoal, but it hasn't.
La Petite Musique has actually been stamped on to a piece of glossy card stock that has been held over a candle flame until it is covered in soot. Once you have created the piece of 'sooted' card press a clean, uninked stamp onto it and when you carefully lift it away you are left with a perfect 'stamped' image.
You have to 'set' the image otherwise the soot will brush away and so I have sprayed the image with Krylon clear matte finish spray.
I tried this technique out years ago after I found it in an American craft magazine The Rubber Stamper, but I thought that it would work well with this stamp.
Hope you like it.
Love and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx