Followers

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Woodware Challenge Week 6 AND Woodware USA !!

Evening Everyone
What a difference a day makes!
We Brits are never satisfied with the weather are we, we have to have something to have a moan about.
There we were yesterday complaining that it was so hot and sticky that we couldn't sleep and so today it decides that we will get thunder, lightening and torrential rain!!!! As usual it picked school pick up time, so as I was late leaving work again I got absolutely soaked just walking the short distance from work to my house.
I'm not sure that it is actually any cooler here, but at least I get out of watering my Sin-in-laws plants tonight so that's a result lol.
As busy as I am this week with cards for the TV, and Make and Takes for the Craft Show on Sunday I had to enter the challenge over at Woodware. This week the theme is Birthday Wishes.
This card is made using a piece of handmade background paper and a beautiful peel-off design from Magenta called Boxed Flowers.
The background paper is made using Adirondack Colorwash ink and cling film. When this is dry one of the peel-off designs has been placed on the background and then the flower and leaves have been painted with bleach. Of course no flower is complete without a gem.
The greeting, which I must admit is by Hobby Art, has also been stamped onto a piece of the background paper and then Crackle Glossy Accents has been added over it.
I decided that as this card fitted the colour theme on the Woodware USA Challenge I would enter it there as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained lol.
I can see that I am going to have to leave the fan on again tonight, it is still really muggy and warm here.
Hope you get a descent nights sleep.
Love and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. I made it here with the link so it is fine. I love the background paper is it really as glossy as it looks in the picture it is great!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx