Followers

Tuesday 26 July 2011

A day of mixed emotions

Hello everyone
Today has been a day filled with truly mixed emotions.
How sad is it that we never seem to stay in touch with all those old Friends as we say we are going to, and that the only time we meet is at someones funeral. Today has been one of those kinds of days.
I know that I have posted this card before.
I made it last year to enter into a challenge but the poem holds special memories for me and so I sent the card to Valerie when I heard of the death of her husband.
Richard Collins was Headmaster at the local school which both my girls and now my Grandchildren attend. He was a fantastic Head, passionate about the school and wonderful with the children.
He was a gentle giant of a man who towered over me let alone the kids who never seemed scared of him.
I was involved with the school for nearly 20 years both as a parent and then ever present 'Tea Lady' on the PTA. I know my place, I may not drink tea, but I'm told I make a mean cuppa lol.
Richard was the Head during the whole of that time and I have some wonderful memories of his involvement with the school.
Today has been particularly difficult since the last time I went to the Crematorium at Worth it was for the funerals of both my son Adam and then my Dad. In fact the vicar today actually conducted one of the services. This is probably one of the first times that we have seen one another since then and we both struggled with our emotions when we hugged after the funeral.
The poem that I have used on the card is a particular favourite of mine and was actually read out at Adam's funeral. I feel that it is just perfect for a Sympathy card.
I have stamped and embossed the sentiment and then created a panel using a Penny Black tree stamp and the resist technique. I have added flowers and punched leaves as well as some background paper.

At the complete opposite end of the emotional scale my daughter Becki took her end of first year Nursing exams this morning and in her words 'I rock!!!' She does indeed. Not only did she pass it but she got an A into the bargain with 96%. How brilliant is that.
So congratulations Becki.
Rest in Peace Richard.
Love and hugs to All
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear where to start? Well done Becki - you do indeed rock. What a pass mark!! What's next for you?
    Sorry you've had a bad day today Kim. Makes you realize how temporary it all is. I will have a similar day next Wednesday at my brother in law's funeral. But hope to be cheered by the wedding of his son three days later. Chin up and think of the happy times. I am sure your card gave Valerie great comfort. Gilly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx