Followers

Sunday 17 July 2011

Happy Birthday Part 2

Evening Everyone,
I'm back, as promised, with Saskia's birthday card. I had better be quick if this is going to get posted today!
Once again I used a lovely Lili of the Valley stamp 'Back to School Girl'. When I was making the card Ciaran saw me stamp out this image and told me that it was 'Saskia with her hair up'. I'm sure that she will look this cute on her first day.
Colouring was once again done using distress inks and this time I padded the image with silicone.
Most of the flowers were hand made using some of the lovely background papers that I got from Sir Stampalot. I started off with a pile of about 16 or 17 sheets of paper and card and narrowed it down to about 6. I never know what I'm going to use until I actually start making the card, so it's always best to be prepared don't you think.
Here are the terrors with their cards, I managed to get them to sit still for a few moments at least.
Daddy has also been a busy bee today. How about this for a birthday cake, a giant cheeseburger complete with fries. He even fooled me with the ketchup. It is actually icing but it is so realistic I really thought that he had put real ketchup on the chips.
The challenge over at Crafts and Me is Summertime. Maybe I can sneak this in, after all they will be starting school in the Summer :)
Thanks for stopping by.
Nite, nite
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you earlier and thanks for the email. I have replied. I don't know what looks the best - the card or the cake. Both fabulous.. Gilly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gill no reply has come through I'm afraid. Love Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx