Followers

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Zutter Bind it All Books and Retiform masking!!!

Hi All
I can't believe that we are well into yet another week and the last full one in August no less. The nights are drawing in and they are talking Autumn schedules on the TV, so I guess that Summer is officially over, although maybe today has given us a bit of a reprieve lol.
In between trying to get samples finished for Sue and Harvey at Imagination for their new TV show on Thursday (2pm on QVC Sky channel 640) I have had a couple of classes to prep for this week.
Last night I was in Stoneleigh for my last evening class at Lavender Lane. We were making Ringbound Notebooks using the Zutter Bind it All machine. I bought mine a while ago when my friend Shaz sold off all of her craft stuff, but this is the first chance that I have had to play. I'm hooked. It is a brilliant little machine and I can see notebooks as Christmas prezzies in several peoples future.
They were all made out of off cuts of mount board, which I either sponged and stamped on to or covered with paper and card. I added a stamped and coloured image to the front of this one and tied some ribbons along the spine.
The sizes of the book were determined by a it of a spend at Tescos where I bought loads of cheap post it notes, record cards and notebooks which provided the insides of these ringbound notebooks.
I did make a bit of a mistake with the cover for this note book when I realized that the lines on the insert went the other way round after I had stamped the cover.
 This little one is made to fit a post it note pad and has been covered with background papers and card stock. 'Notes' has been created from 2 Woodware clear stamp sets.
This is what they look like inside. I think you can see what I mean about my mistake in the bottom right hand corner.
We had a great, if small class and they all made 2 notebooks.
Tonight I am off to Davina's to teach a class on 'Retiform' masking. I haven't mounted this panels but they will take quite a long time to create in the first place so I think there may be some homework for the ladies to do. Better post this now as I can hear my lift at the door.
Love
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx