Followers

Saturday 10 December 2011

A couple of Cuties.....part 1

Morning Everyone,
I can't believe it's Saturday morning again, who stole another week from me :)
I still have all my cards to write. I really must get on with that this evening or else all my hard work to get things done early will go to waste.
I will be teaching at Davina's this afternoon, everything is packed up and ready to go, so it seems the ideal time to do a little blogging while I wait for my lift.
This is a card that I made for a lady at work, she wanted a pretty card for a 21st birthday. I think it fits the bill quite nicely.
The young lady is Princess Tilda X9666K and I bought her at Sir Stampalot some time ago. She is brilliant for any pretty, girly cards. She has been coloured using Distress inks.
I have cut her out using the 'Outside the box with a Nestie' technique that I found on Youtube and then sponged a little distress ink around the edge while the die was still in place.
The background papers are from my stash which does not seem to be getting any smaller, lol. I have added hand stitched borders with a fine black pen, and layered some of the panels over white card that has been punched using a Martha Stewart punch. The 21st is a peel off.
Of course it had to be an easel card :)
I added some ribbon. pearls, flowers, punched leaves and die cut DooHickey swirls.
I'm told that the recipient loved it, I certainly enjoyed making it.
Will post another cute card later, when I get back from class.
I had better go now or I won't get anything done today.
Happy Crafting.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I wish I was 21 again and receiving this card. Gilly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx