Followers

Friday 2 December 2011

Woodware Challenge - Week 27 Tags for Gifts

    
Afternoon,
As you know I always like to enter the challenge over at Woodware where this week it is Tags for Gifts.
The problem that I have is that I don't do gift tags.
It always seems such a lot of work to end up straight in the bin, so I cheated a little and made a card with a tag on it, I hope that it will be acceptable lol.
Once again I went to my bits box where I found the main image Peace Window ZH179. It has been stamped onto a piece of handmade background paper. I painted the dove with bleach and then added glossy accents.
The tag itself has been cut from a piece of  glossy card stock that has been coloured with dye based inks. The images on this have been stamped first with versamark before the ink is sponged over them, this is called the resist technique. I then stamped a greeting over the top in brown. The bottom of the tag has a piece of vellum added to it and a stitched border.
 
The blue background paper is also from my bits box. I don't think I could finish up all these bits if I lived to be 106, but a girl can dream I guess :)
I added some more stitching to all of the panels, and some holly from Holly Swirls FRCL174.
I also added some gems, ribbon, a tiny peel-off greeting and some card candy.
Better get back to my Christmas cards.
I have a couple of days off and am hoping to get all of my Christmas cards finished, but its the boring bits - inserts and envelopes, so I may be easily led into making another card instead.
Happy Crafting.
Hugs
Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Well if you had take the photograph and then attached it to the card nobody would have known! So of course your tag counts. Thank you for playing along, Lovely as always and so many techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Love your take on the Woodware challenge - and even better using up bits!
    (Christina A Maze of Memories)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx