Followers

Sunday 18 December 2011

Woodware Challenge week 29 - Look what I did with my tin.......

     
Afternoon Everyone.
I have been trying all week to get my entry made for this challenge over at Woodware, but work and Christmas cards seem to have got in the way. But here we are at last, I hope that you feel it was worth the wait lol.
I have used the Heart shaped Tin which of course immediately made me feel that it should be full of little pictures of the Grandchildren. To be honest this has been one of the major hold ups with getting this made, finding pictures that I could put on each page.
I printed them all out with a sepia tone and then reduced them on the photocopier so they are not perhaps as good as they should be.
The Scrapbook pages that come inside the tin have been covered in Distress inks Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire using a blending tool.
I then sprayed them with glimmer mist and dried them using a heat tool. You can always make your own Mica spray by adding a little Pearlex powder to a spray bottle with some water in it. A couple of drops of re-inker can be added too if you like.
I love this photo of the family with my Mum.
I will have to change it before I give this tin away however as it has been made for Jason's Mum for Christmas. Unfortunately I didn't have a suitable picture of his Mum to hand and as everyone is out in London at the Natural History Museum I didn't have time to wait. She will never know once I have made the switch :) Sorry Ma will have to get another tin for you xx 
Once the pages have been covered in ink and glimmer mist I have stamped them all using the lovely floral images from Stampendous SSC072 Wildflower Sprigs.
They have been stamped using the same distress inks Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire. I have also added a couple of greetings and some butterflies. These are also on the stamp set.
Each of the sepia images have been edged using a Pinecone Versa Color cube and clear embossing powder. The ovals have been cut out using a nestie.
The outside of the tin has been coloured using Alcohol inks and then an oval stamped panel has been added to the lid.
Better get back to the craft table. I may have finished my Christmas cards but there are still birthdays, a couple of anniversaries and a new baby.................the list seems to go on for ever and that's just for December.
Happy Crafting.
Hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx