Followers

Tuesday 31 January 2012

21 and Counting!

Evening Everyone
Well I don't know how appropriate it will seem to be making Christmas cards in the beautiful Summer sunshine, but for the moment I'm going to make the most of being inspired by the bitterly cold weather and the Christmas blogs.
Both cards have been made using images from my Christmas bits box. In fact this one is so old I'm not even sure of the stamp company. I think it could be Stampendous, but I am perfectly prepared to be wrong.
The image has been stamped and embossed using cats eye pigment ink pads and crystal embossing powder, so it is very sparkly which doesn't show in the photograph.
I have gold embossed the green background card using a beautiful Christmas Swirl stamp by Inkadinkadoo.
The lace panel has been created from a DooHickey. I have added plenty of bling as I would like to enter it into the challenge over at 52(Christmas) Card Throwdown where they want to see Rhinestones.
The second card tonight uses a lovely Magenta stamp which I have stamped and embossed onto a piece of  brayered background. I have punched the edge of the brayered panel using a Martha Stewart punch and then layered it onto silver card.
I added some spotty ribbon, a greeting and some punched poinsettias and leaves. Of course this image lends itself beautifully to more bling so I would like to enter it into the same challenge at 52(Christmas) Card Throwdown.
I think the black poinsettias give the card quite a dramatic look, and not what I would consider to be a typically traditional colour combo. so I would like to enter it in to the challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round where they have been asking for Non Traditional Colours all this month.
I have decided to add a tally to my side bar so that I can see how well I am doing with my Christmas cards each month. So to start off the New Year I made 21 in January.
Thank You to all the Christmas challenge blogs that I have found, you have certainly kept me on track
Lets see how well I get on next month.
Thanks for stopping by and for all the lovely comments I have received. I will try and get round to everyone but at the moment I'm rather busy making more Christmas cards lol.
Hugs Kimx

7 comments:

  1. OH my word, these are amazing, Kim!!! Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE that second one with the beautiful purples and blues! Stunning! Thanks for joining us again at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Kim both perfect for our 52CCT challenge this week - thank you so much for joining in this week - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 21 cards already wow, I should be making a couple a week but have some serious catching up to do. I love the cards and that swirly stamp you have used on the green card looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Pretty Kim, i've just booked into a workshop with you at Sir Stamp - looking forward to being inspired! Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your cards are simply stunning! I think the poinsettia is super, but the one that wows me is the black and blue card - fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are gorgeous Kim, but I do so love that Magenta poinsettia in blue - that really pops hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim
    These are both gorgeous, but oh my word!! The blue one is just so fantastic! Totally stunning! The black poinsettias just really "ping" off the card. You are so very, very talented.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx