Followers

Wednesday 18 January 2012

It's Love in Craft Stamper

Evening Everyone.
See, what did I tell you, find my thermals and the weather changes lol. Thermal undies, power surges and warmer weather are not a good combo as any lady of a certain age will tell you. I was in danger of stripping off at the tills on a couple of occasions - never a good idea at ANY age.
I don't know if you have got the latest copy of Craft Stamper, always worth a coffee and a sit down as I look through all the wonderful projects that people have created.
Well this month I am in it. Page 40 as part of the 'All you need is Love' gallery. There is also an advert for Sir Stampalot on page 19 that is all cards designed by Me.
In the past they put the instructions for the cards in the Gallery on to their web extra page on line, but I have been waiting for it to appear and it still hasn't so I thought that I would share the card here complete with instructions as written for the magazine. Not the usual sort of detail I go in for on the blog but as it was written already it makes sense to share.

Stamp Woodware FRN005 Geometric Heart onto an A5 piece of white card using versamark and white embossing powder.
Sponge Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress inks over the entire panel. Paint the hearts with Broken China ink.
Cut out a large circle using a Grand Nestie Circle LF114 and add a hand stitched border to it with a fine black pen. Stamp and white emboss Art Impressions I3082 Love and sponge as before. Cut to size and matte and layer onto silver mirri card.
Create an easel card from a 14.5 x 14.5cm square white card and add square panel of Echo Park Capture the Flag paper and red card stock to the folded half of the card as illustrated.
Cut a rectangle from the left over stamped, embossed and sponged heart panel and mount it onto the red and blue card the same as the main panel. Add hand stitched borders as illustrated, and mount onto the base of the card.
Make flowers from Marianne Creatables LR0162 and LR0163 using the Bo Bunny's Pink Flourish paper and attach to the base of the card as illustrated. Add some Marianne Creatables LR0150 flourishes, punched leaves, small ready made flowers and chandeliers.
Add a little glitter glue to the large flowers, and four silver metallic dots to the corners of the main panel.

All the items I used are available from Sir Stampalot for whom I made the card.
You have to work so far in advance for magazines that sometimes it is hard to get in the right mood for Valentines when we haven't even finished the summer let alone Christmas lol.
I have got a couple of days off work now, but I can see that I will be spending most of it trying to catch up with my commenting on the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
I didn't realise how far behind I had got with my commenting until I tried this evening. What is it with Blogger lately I don't seem to have been able to even view the cards on most of the numbers that I have been allocated, let alone leave a comment. It is so frustrating and such a waste of time.
So I apologise in advance to all the lovely people who have entered their cards in to our latest challenge, and boy there are certainly a lot of you, if I don't leave a message it is not for the want of trying!!
I think I will stop now and try again tomorrow before I end up throwing the lap top at the wall :)
Oh I nearly forgot to enter the card into the following challenges
Scrapbook Sisters - My Sweet Valentine
Penny Black and More at Allsorts - Love and Hearts
Nite nite.
hugs Kimx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, congratulations on being published such a super card and thoroughly deserved, such a great design and just love your florals !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got it sorted in the end Kim, Blogger is a general pain in the rear lately.

    A super card and lovely bright colours.

    Thanks so much for joining our Love and Hearts them at Penny Black and More this month, good luck and hope you will join us again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marie, it is a lovely feeling to see yourself in print.
    Not completely sorted with Blogger, although I have now at least managed to comment on my own blog which I couldn't do before!!!!
    My friend is taking my computer home with him tonight to try and sort it out for me. I am terrible with technology and not confident enough to try things out in case I load a virus or do something else really stupid. If in doubt call for my friend Joe I say lol.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congrats on being published. I love the unusual colour combo you used for this card.
    thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month and hope to see you again.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, makes me want to go and buy the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining Penny Black @ allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx