Followers

Thursday 12 January 2012

Woodware challenge but without the stamps!!!!

OK you know how things can disappear in to the black hole that is your craft table (well if it's anything like mine that is). You've used a stamp, a clear one no less, and then when the card is finished you can't find the stamp anywhere.
Well that is exactly what happened to me when I made my card for the last Woodware challenge. The lovely little mouse from my set disappeared into thin air. I checked everything, even the bins bit by bit yuk.
I had resigned myself to never being able to use the little mouse again sob sob.
Then I went to prep for my class on Saturday at Davina's (Stampcraft in Purley) and there sitting on the top of an ink pad was a little mouse yeahhhhh.
We are using this lovely Poppy stamp from Hobby Art on Saturday, but I have made the card using the Woodware Challenge sketch in the hopes that they will be inspired to make something similar but using a Woodware stamp. I will have some of those with me as well :)
The red strip of paper has been made using the Stylus tool which is something that I will be teaching them on Saturday. I love it for making background papers.
I coloured the image with dye based inks on watercolour card.
I also added some metallic swirls and a punched border.
I have been trying to leave comments tonight but am having no luck at all. I don't know what is going on with blogger. I do wish they would stop playing around with it. What is it they say - If it ain't broke don't fix it lol.
Sorry guys I will try again tomorrow, but this is just to let you all know that I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave me messages.
I must get an early night. My lovely daughter seems to have passed me her cold and I am starting to feel all bunged up. Lemsip and bed me thinks.
Have to be well for Saturday it looks like we have a full house which is brilliant.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday but leave your cold at home - we've just got rid of ours. This poppy card is lovely. Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx