Followers

Sunday 11 March 2012

Good Luck with the Woodware Challenge

Hi,
It's me again, back for the new challenge over at Woodware, where I am lucky enough to be the Guest Designer for the month of March.
The challenge this week is Good Luck, and I have found it to be a tricky one. For starters I hadn't realised just how few Good Luck stamps there seem to be available.
I asked several Crafty Friends what they thought of as being suitable for a Good Luck card and the list was fairly small - 4 leaf clover, Leprechauns and Black cats.
I did consider an Oriental card with a Good Luck symbol on it, but then finally decided on some black cats. It's amazing what you come across when you are actually looking for something else lol.
The main image on this card is an old Magenta stamp 23.293J Double Cat Squares. I stamped it out 3 times and have then done a little bit of decoupage. 
I also added a couple of metallic swirly clips and some stitching.
The square panels have been painted using Gelly Roll glaze pen. Scribble it onto your craft mat and then pick it up with a waterbrush and use it just like paint. Thank you Francoise for that little tip.
Each of the four small coloured squares have been cut out and embossed from the back on a foam mat using a large ball tool.
I stamped the cats onto black card and then cut them out. The squares have been added to the main panel using silicon glue to add a little depth. The black cats have been added on top of this, again using silicon.
Tip to self - make sure the silicon is dry from adding the squares, before trying to attach the cats :)
I have added some stitching and then mounted the square onto black glossy, and then blue card stock.
The green background panel has been made from a piece of paper from my stash which has been stamped and embossed using Good Luck from FRCL080 Mixed Greetings and the paw print from FRCL124 Groovy Cats. Both of these sets are made by Woodware.
This is not a very good picture of the items that I have used, but I thought it might make it easier for you to know what to look for.
I had so much fun making this that I got a little carried away and made a second card :)
This uses another old Magenta cat stamp 23.395K. I have created a background panel by stamping and embossing the image repeatedly onto white card stock. I added the same small Good Luck stamp that I used on the previous card into the gaps.
I have sponged Weathered Wood and Black Soot distress inks around the edges of this panel and then tapped a black versafine pad along the edge before embossing them with clear embossing powder. 
Once again I have painted the squares using Gelly Roll glaze pen.
Good Luck is from FRCL080 Mixed Greetings and I have used a small circle punch to add the cats heads to the panel.
I really should have got these made earlier this week as I needed one of them for my youngest daughter Becki. She took her 1st semester, 2nd Year Nursing exam on Friday.
Fortunately she passed so she didn't need any help from my black cats after all lol.
I do hope that you will join in HERE with the challenge this week, I look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, these are both great cards! I love the way you have created the background on the first one, very effective.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous good luck cats, love the dimension you have created. have a fab sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I like the second card too! I love the way that you have made the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx