Followers

Sunday 20 May 2012

Birds of a Feather Flock Together

Evening Everyone.
Well I have not been in the slightest bit creative today, which is a little worrying given all the deadlines that are looming large on the horizon, but I have had a fantastic day meeting a whole host of relatives that I knew nothing about.
So what, you might well ask, has this got to do with the card that I am posting tonight?
Well my maiden name is Finch and this is the nearest I could get to a bird inspired card from my photographic archive lol.
My mother was recently contacted by a relative on my Fathers side who has been researching his family history and he organised a get together of as many relations as he could round up.
It was an amazing day. People had brought along old photographs and it was incredible looking through them and seeing the resemblances to people in the room.
It was also wonderful to catch up with my Cousins who I haven't spoken to in years and to meet family members that I write inside of Christmas cards, but can now put faces to.
So this card that I made for Barbara's last TV show is for all 'The Finches' that I met today, and whom I hope to keep in touch with. You will have to use your imagination and pretend that they are not Magpies but feathered finches of some description.
Hugs
Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Kim - it sounds like you all had a wonderful day!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim sounds like an amazing day how interesting meeting up !!! Gorgeous card and as always beautifully created. Love that beautiful image and the sentiment is so lovely.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! LOVE those bird images--and your sentiment is lovely! So glad you had a fabulous day, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx