Followers

Monday 28 May 2012

Distress It at Crafty Cardmakers

Evening Everyone
I hope that you have all made it safely through yet another Monday. I can't believe how quickly they come round, I'm definitely getting old I think lol.
Today we have a new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers where our Hostess Feebsy would like you to distress something.  You can use inks, chalks, distressing tools - anything that creates a distressed/shabby chic look to your project.
We are sponsored this time by DIGI DOODLE SHOP with a $10 Gift Certificate for their Store, and also by HOBBY ART who have provided two fabulous stamp sets CS045D Decorative Backgrounds and Poppies. 
I decided that I would use the stamps that we have been given by Hobby Art as our prize to create my card for you.
I stamped and embossed the Poppies onto watercolour card using white embossing powder and then painted them with Distress inks.
The blue and red card stock is from my stash has been stamped using one of the images from the Decorative Background set.
This is such a useful set, I just love background stamps.
I stamped the images using versamark ink and then applied dry Pearlex powder to it using a large dry brush.
The text stamp is also part of the set, and has been stamped and embossed onto the green card stock.
I tore around the poppies and distressed all the other edges using my Tim Holtz distressing tool.
I also added some ribbon and gems.
Don't forget to check out what the other lovely Design Team have come up with. We do love it when you stop by.
I had better make a start on my commenting now if I am not going to get behind again.
hugs Kimx

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully put together Kim. I love the way you have painted the flowers. So ethereal.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Kim. Love your image and the embossing. Lokks so fab
    HUgs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kim, this is gorgeous! I love the embossing white on white - it gives such a different look and one I must try some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim , what a fabulous card those flowers are just amazing so beautifully painted and the text stamp is a perfect background. Another super card from you.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous. I never think of embossing before watercolouring I may have to give this a try. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The white embossing is so effective - it really adds something extra to the painted image. It's beautiful! Cxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx