Followers

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Do die cut buttons count?

Evening Everyone
I've been trying very hard to get on top of my commenting today so not much has been achieved on the crafting front.
Just as well I have been quite productive with my Christmas card making over the last couple of days or it might have been a picture less post lol.
This week several of the challenges, including Woodware are looking for 'Buttons and Bows' on your cards.
This card uses a favourite Magenta stamp of mine which I have stamped and embossed and then coloured using a watercolour technique and dye based inks.
The background papers are from my stash, and I added a die cut star and button.
I would like to enter this into the challenge at 52(Christmas) Card Throwdown where their embellishment challenge is also looking for buttons and bow, I hope that one will count.
Over at Weekly Christmas Card Challenges they are looking for you to have used punches, and Christmas Cards All Year Round have put out a call for Design Team members.
I am not sure that I am up to taking on another DT position but I think I am up to the challenge of being a Guest Designer.
Back to commenting now I guess, or I might even give it a miss and try and get a reasonably early night.
Tomorrow, as they say, is another day.
Night night
hugs
Kimx

8 comments:

  1. This is very pretty, some of my favourite colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why wouldn't they count?! ;) LOVE this card--the nontraditional colors are just scrumptious!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, Kim! ;) Also, not sure about the embossing folder being available in the UK, it is! Item number 119976 from Stampin' Up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Kim. Didn't see anything on these challenges which stated the number of buttons required, and this card looks so good, you must be OK with it. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Kim and yes - die cut buttons do count! - Thanks for joining in with us this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think die cut is good, I love the blue on the Botanical Tile stamp. Thank you for playing along with Woodware

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, what a beauty i love the non traditional colours on this gorgeous card and the perfect design. Beautiful work as always.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful stamp and colouring!

    Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Card challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kim. I would love for you to join us at CCAYR as a guest DT. Please contact me at ccayrchallengeblog@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx