Followers

Tuesday 1 May 2012

For a Very Special Young Lady

Evening Everyone,
The 1st of May is a very special day in our house since not only would it have been my parents 62nd Wedding Anniversary, it is also the 12th birthday of my eldest Granddaughter Megan.
I can't believe how quickly the last 12 years have flown by. I can remember the day she was born like it was yesterday.
I know that her favourite colour is purple, so this is the card that I made for her.
Once again I used the lovely sketch over at Saturday Sketch.
The main image is a Lili of the Valley die cut which I have cut out using a nestie. The background papers are from my stash.
I added a DooHickey butterfly and swirl as well as some embossed swirls on the background paper.
The butterflies in the corner are from part of an embossing folder.
The flowers and lace are also DooHickeys which are available from SirStampalot.
I also added some brads and purple chandelier.
I added Megan using letters from a Pergamano stamp set that I bought recently in a sale.
Megan told her Mum that she wanted a big badge to wear on her birthday, so I made this one for her. The photo makes it look blue but it really is purple, honest.
And here is the young lady herself wearing her badge and her One Direction PJ's. They are her favourite band.
There was much screaming when it came to present opening as her Mum and Dad have got her tickets to see said band in April next year. It was the earliest available date so God help her if she likes someone else by then lol.
The challenge over at Dream Valley this time is to make a card 'For a Special Lady' and she is certainly that.
Happy Birthday Sweetpea, I hope that you had a good one.
Hugs Mam-ma xx

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, love it all. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backing papers are so rich, especially like the way you have embossed swirls. Megan must have been so delighted to get such a special card and matching badge. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and detailed card for someone very special Kim! I love the badge you've made too with those gorgeous numbers. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card, perfect for this young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with our sketch at Sketch Saturday . Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! Love all the embossing and die cuts! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kim, the card is lovely, but the badge is extra special! The 3D flowers and leaves look so good! I hope Megan had a great birthday!

    Thank you so much for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx