Followers

Friday 15 June 2012

Time and/or Travel at The Stampman challenge

Hi All
I can't believe that yet another fortnight has gone by and that we are back with a new challenge at The Stampman.
Our host this time is Frankie who is asking for projects featuring Time or Travel or Both !!
I have travelled to just about every country in Europe over the years but one place I have never been to is Africa.
I'm sure that it is a beautiful place to visit but I know that I wouldn't cope with the heat.
Lets face it I can't cope with English sunshine (if I could remember what it looks like) so I would have no hope in Africa.
My card for the challenge uses the lovely Woodware clear stamp set FRCL158 - African Holiday, what an appropriate title lol.
I stamped and embossed the main tribal images from the set using black Versafine ink and clear embossing powder.
The colouring has been done with Distress inks - Broken China, Brushed Corderoy and Rusty Hinge. I also used my favourite diluted instant coffee granules to paint with and also to spritz onto the backgound card. 
I embossed one side of the brown spritzed card and also the blue card using an embossing folder.
I have added a punched panel across the card and also some of the wonderful new Woodware ribbon.
The pots and all of the other images are from the same lovely set. I have used Sepia Versafine ink to stamp some of them. The orange background paper is from my stash. 
I hope that you will check out what the rest of the DT have come up with, and that you will feel inspired to join us. 
I have had a quick peek and I notice that my card is very different from the rest of the team. Oh well that's what it's all about isn't it. It would be very boring if we all made the same thing, so check it out and see what you think.
Have a great weekend.
Happy Stamping.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Love this Kim. It's so different and your choice of colours fits so well. Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous, that's a wonderful collage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx