Followers

Thursday 19 July 2012

End of Term gifts

Evening Everyone.
Well I have managed to get my Bookmarks finished.
Not quite as many as I would have liked but enough that The Twins and Reece have one for each of their teachers.
I have managed to take a couple of pictures to share, in between rain clouds that is.
It is amazing what you can make with some of those little offcuts of background paper.
You know the ones, we all have them, too small to use on a card but just far too good to throw away
I also rooted through my bits box to find images that might work without me having to create anything new. It's not really cheating, just being creative, and isn't that what it is all about lol.
Once again I have used the fantastic tutorial for Corner Bookmarks over at Splitcoast Stampers.
They really are so easy to make, and as I say perfect for using up bits and pieces.
I let the kids choose which one they wanted for each of their teachers, and this last one has been made for a lovely customer that comes into the garage.
She is also a teacher and comes in a couple of times a week with her twin boys.
I made the boys a card for their birthday, and so I wanted to make this little gift for Mum. I know, like most teachers, she has been counting down the hours till the end of term.
My little sister is a teacher, and I did a couple of years of Teacher Training, many years ago before I had the children, so I have always tried hard to see things from both sides.
I know as a parent that the holidays always seem like an eternity, but believe me it is bloody hard work teaching all those little cherubs, and all the paper work that there is to keep up with now. Well just don't get me started.
So here's hoping that everyone has a great Summer holiday and that my little gifts will be put to good use. You never know, they may be able to read stretched out in the garden in brilliant sunshine. Then again I think it far more likely that they will be reading indoors under artificial lighting.
Either way let's hope that it is relaxing for everyone.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea for end of term presents - I'm forwarding this link to my sister-in-law (great crafter and mother of my adorable niece and nephew!). Thanks for the inspiration.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx