Followers

Tuesday 31 July 2012

What a Lucky Girl am I

Evening Everyone
I hope that you have been having a wonderful day.
I have been itching to share some fantastic and exciting news with you and now the time has come where I can.
The sneak peeks that you have been having recently on my blog of the fabulous new stamps from Woodware are because I was asked to make some of the samples for the new catalogue.
How lucky am I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a mammoth task, and more than a little daunting when this huge parcel arrived, but I rose to the challenge, and I have to say that I have had soooo much fun.
So with out further a do I will share one of the samples. This one actually appears on the front cover, although their photography is far better than mine.
I did have a bit of a panic at one stage that my samples are so very different from the sort of thing that Jane and Francoise make, but I suppose that's just the point isn't it, to show just how versatile their wonderful images can be.
The background to this card was made using Coffee and a Pearlex Vintage Watercolour Pallet. I also used it to colour in the main image which was stamped and embossed using Sepia Versafine ink and clear embossing powder.
I did a bit of my usual decoupage with the Partridge and added some glossy accents.
I am so looking forward to getting hold of my hard copy of the catalogue. I'm old fashioned and I much prefer paper catalogues where I can sit drool over all the must have new stamps. I find them so much more user friendly than on line, but maybe that's just me lol.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Christmas in July
Addicted to Stamps - Christmas in July
Sentimental Sunday - Paint / Inks
2 Sisters Challenge - Christmas in July
Sugar Creek Hollow - Vintage Christmas in July
Off to bed now, perhaps to dream of all the new cards that I can share with you now.
Night, night
Hugs Kimx

16 comments:

  1. beautiful card thanks for sharing with us at 2sisters Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kim! This is gorgeous!!! LOVE the image--and your shimmer and coloring is just fabulous! LOVE it! :) Do you have all the other parts of the song?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stamps are in good hands Kim, and it's great that you always put your own spin on them. Huge congrats and the best of luck (not that you need it) with this new venture. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card. Looking forward to seeing the others cards in the catalogue!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card that deserves it front cover place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card. thanks so much for joining us at ATSC. Good Luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking great Kim.....your cards are fabulous as always, Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Kim, and congratulations on the Woodware stamp fest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, Kim. Very different. Look forward to seeing you on Saturday at Davina's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week with your beautiful card.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab Christmas card, great idea and design. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters challenge blog this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely card so glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kim, I know exactly what you mean about physical copies of catalogues, such pleasure to be gained from flicking through a real one than on line! I love your card & you're quite right, it does show the amazing versatility of the stamps. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a unique and beautiful card design. Congratulations on your Woodware project! Thanks so much joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx