Followers

Saturday 11 August 2012

Black and White with a 'POP'

Evening Everyone
I hope that you are all enjoying a wonderful sunny weekend.
Well, a week would not be complete without me making a card to enter into the challenge over at Woodware, and this is no exception. I confess that I did slip up last week, but I just didn't seem to find the time to wrestle with my shrink plastic lol.
This week the challenge was Black and White with a pop of Blue which is much more up my alley given that Black and White is one of my all time favourite colour combos.
In fact I did get a little carried away and actually made two cards.
This first card uses part of a lovely Magenta stamp that actually contains 3 different pots of flowers.
I cut the panel out and then sponged it with Weathered Wood and Black soot distress inks.
The pot and flowers are coloured using Lightening Black brilliance ink which has a very gold tinge to it.
The background was a piece made during a Shaving Foam  class a while ago.
The 'POP' has been added with crystals that I have coloured with a blue Promarker.
The second card is also made with a Magenta stamp this time stamped and embossed in white before sponging and colouring in the same way as the previous card.
This time I added tiny white, black and blue pearls for my 'POP'.
The vases in both cards have been covered with Glossy Accents.
I can't wait to see what challenge Dorothy has set for next week.
Anyway dinner calls and then I have a commission to finish for one of the Boys at work, no rest for the wicked.
Happy Crafting
hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. How elegant and chic these are! And you've used 3 squares to punctuate the second card! I love how you do that, it's such a great way to balance a design! (I don't know much about design, but I know what I like!)

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pai of cards Kim, second one my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for playing along with the Woodware Challenge. I love both of the ccards. A very clever use of colour. You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx