Followers

Sunday 7 October 2012

A sketch challenge at Woodware for October.

Evening Everyone,
I can't believe that we are at the end of yet another weekend.
Did you have a good one?
As usual I checked out some of the new challenges and then that determined what I played with.
Of course I had to make something to enter into the latest challenge over at Woodware.
As it is the beginning of the month there is a sketch to follow, and I have taken slight liberties with it this time, but I hope that I haven't done any worse than any of the Design Team.
Please tell me if I'm wrong Dorothy :O)
The main panel has been in my bits box for years just waiting for the right time to be used, and I think it lends itself beautifully to being cut up to form a window panel.
It was made using a lovely old Stampendous stamp, sponged dye based inks and a little undiluted bleach to take the colour out of some of the flowers.
The panel was then cut into 4 and mounted onto co-ordinating card stock.
The background paper has been stamped and embossed using another Stampendous stamp and Frantage Aged Wine Embossing Enamel.
I also added a Woodware greeting, some Card Candi, gems and glossy accents on the flower centres.
The sketch challenge runs throughout October so why not give it a go.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. This is a clever use of the sketch, I like that the Card Candi goes over the top of the breaks in the image.(does that make sense)
    The Stampendous border stamp is so useful. Thannk you for playing with Woodware.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx