Followers

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Fall in the Circle

Evening Everyone,
I hope that you are well.
I must admit that I have been struggling with my Sciatica over the last few weeks.
I have it on authority (The Daily Mail) that I am in good company as Her Majesty is suffering at the moment as well.
Not sure that she will have had to stand at the till for hours but I sympathise with her none the less - it bloody hurts!!!!
I have finally had to give in and go to the GP today who has given me pills, which I don't usually take, and told me I need to take a week off work and see how I am after that!!!!
At the moment doing anything for more than a couple of hours is agony so I can see a restless few days.
Anyway that's enough of my winging on lets get down to business.
I'm definitely in cute mode at the moment aren't I lol.
The challenge this week at Our Creative Corner has been Fall in the Circle 
 - simply create a CIRCLE card/project (or card/project contains circle diecut) with fall theme - colours or objects.

 Once again I have used this lovely Tilda in the Leaves stamp coloured with Distress inks.
I used my Circular and Grand Nesties to create my card out of a piece of background paper that I had made. I stamped and embossed some leaves in gold on to the green card as well as stamping with bleach which made the card turn yellow.
The border punch is from EK Success and I have use the small punched out maple leaves to add to the card.
The leaves which border the circle are actually from the Magnolia Fall Wreath which I have cut into three sections.
The greeting is from Lili of the Valley.
I so enjoyed making this card  for the challenge over at Our Creative Corner.
Why not check it out there are some awesome samples from the Design Team.
I need to go and lie down for a bit now. I'm not used to taking pills and I'm feeling a bit woozy at the moment so this may not make any sense tomorrow when I read it back to myself :O)
Night night and sleep well.
hugs Kimx

8 comments:

  1. Yummy circular card, and I do hope you find some relief from the sciatica soon...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the overall effect (even if I would personally be compelled to draw in a mouth...!) I think the colour scheme is perfect.

    Hope the sciatica improves soon.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kim
    I have to say this is a fabulous interpretation of fall. The leaves on the edge look as if they are actually falling, your texture and design is amazing and the bleaching has worked really well, there are many layers and I love it.
    Thank you so very much for joining in again this week at Our Creative Corner we are thrilled to see your work.
    Get better soon.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kim and perfect for the time of the year,looking forward to seeing you again.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kim :D
    Firstly, I'm so glad to hear that you are allotted some time off for relief. I'm sorry to hear how much pain your in, but by the looks of your gorgeous Autumn card, you couldn't tell. Your attention to all things wonderful about fall are depicted here so well. The multicolor of your leaves and the fabulous bg paper that you made is fantastic! Tilda looks so completely content in her sensational circular surroundings. :)

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again next week!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a super cute birthday card! Great job on the Challenge for Our Creative Corner & thanks so much for joining us

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card Kim, beautiful autumnal colours and I love the leafy wreath! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card...that circle desn is really nice!

    I have just read back and figured out it is sciatica and most likely some sort of narcotic tablets that has you in such pain and woozy.
    I sympathize completely!!!
    10 years on and off with sciatica and the last 4 non stop...finally had my back surgery on Oct 1 and woke up to no more sciatica...HURRAY!!!

    Take it easy...it is such an aweful pain...don't push yourself too much...I had my best relief from massage therapy...but needed a therapist who was able to work deep into tissues...painful massage but releif afterwards for a day or so...
    Good luck...you are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx