Followers

Sunday 9 December 2012

A little Snowbird

Evening Everyone
I'm sorry that I have been missing for so long.
I seriously don't know where November disappeared to, and now it looks as if December is going by at the same breakneck speed.
My Christmas card tally for the year may look extremely healthy, but it looks as if once again I shall be late getting them all in the post - no change there then lol.
In fact November went by so quickly that I didn't even notice that I had missed posting my project for The Stamp Man 'Emboss It' challenge.
Even though the deadline has now passed for entries to this particular challenge (Challenge for December is In the bleak mid Winter) I see no reason not to share my card with you.
I love this stamp from Stampendous CRP169 Cling Snow Bird, he is just sooo cute. I stamped and embossed him using an Onyx Black Versafine inkpad and Clear Embossing Powder.
I coloured him using Festive Berries and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks and then cut him out using Nestabilities S5-027 Labels 21.
I left the die in place and gently sponged the edges of the image with Iced Spruce Distress Ink.
The background panel to the card has been created using Holly and Berries rollagraph and Versamark ink which I have embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. The entire panel has then been painted using distress inks Iced Spruce, Festive Berries, Evergreen Bough and Gathered Twigs using a Waterbrush.
I also coloured the berries with a White Souffle Pen.
I embossed the right hand side of the panel using a Cuttlebug Christmas Embossing Folder and then tapped the edges with a Versamark ink pad before adding Frantage Shabby White Embossing Enamel.
As a final touch I added some Glossy Accents to the berries and some Gold Brads.
I have been chained to my desk  for the last several weeks working on some top secret DT projects which I have finally finished, so I hope that I can now get back to Blogland on a slightly more regular basis.
I have definitely missed you All, and maybe you have missed me a little too.
Night night
Hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I love the embossed panel, you are a very clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Kim - the robin is just adorable, and that background is amazing! Glad to have you back in action, and looking forward to those top-secret DT project reveals...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to catch up on everyone's blogs so have only just seen this one Kim, andit is totally gorgeous. I love it all, the embossed and painted background, the gorgeous robin and the snow, and the die, all gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image, and I love what you've done with it. Beautiful background and card design! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx