Followers

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Create Your Own Background for Make My Monday

Evening Everyone
Well that will teach me won't it!!
Don't mention the weather cause that is bound to make it change. Not quite snow, thank goodness, but still cold and wet.
My card today has been made to enter into the challenge over at Make My Monday where they are looking for you to 'Create Your Own Background'
Now this was not hard for me as that has to be one of my favourite things to do, after heat embossing that is.
The background has actually been made using a technique that I found on another of the blogs that I follow Technique Time Tuesday.
My lovely Crafty friend Mynnette showed how to make your own inkpad using a baby wipe and some reinkers.
I couldn't quite get mine to look like those that Mynnette and her team created but I did end up with several very usable pieces of artwork, one of which I have used here.
In fact I can't have done too bad a job with my original as it came in the Top 5.
I would also like to enter this into the challenge over at Cute Card Thursday where they are looking for 'Something Borrowed'.
I certainly borrowed the idea for the background from Mynnette, and this card uses similar colours to my original (is that CASE?) so I hope that it counts.
Off to bed now, although after my 'granny nap' this afternoon I might take a while to get to sleep.
hugs Kimx

5 comments:

  1. beautiful card Kim. Love the embossed flowers.
    Big hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing card, love the stamping!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Kim - I love the background, and those silhouetted hedgerow flowers are simply fabulous! What a great stamp (or is it several?!).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good to keep using techniques I've taught you! ;) LOL, but seriously, this is gorgeous, Kim! LOVE the fabulous colors you used and that image embossed in black is AMAZING! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous Kim. One of my favourite techniques so far from Mynnette too and you've certainly done it proud.
    Thanks so much for joining in with my MMM DIY background challenge and so lovely to see you there.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx