Followers

Monday 20 May 2013

Colours of the Earth for Woodware

Evening Everyone,
Well I don't know what it has been like in your neck of the woods, but here it has been more like November than May. I admit that I can't cope if it is too hot, but I would at least like to be able to take my fleece off at work at this time of year.
My card tonight is another that I made using bits and pieces from my 'Coffee Class' on Saturday.
As luck would have it, the new challenge over at Woodware is 'Colours of the Earth', and the colours that I chose for this card are almost exactly the same as the first DT card from Pam The Pampered Stamper.
The Girls all laughed when I told them that I keep a sheet of card in the bottom of my 'Spray Booth' (old cardboard box to the rest of you) to capture all of the excess ink, coffee and glimmer mist.
The background has been made using just that piece of card stock. I added some more coffee and then when it was dry I ran it through my Grand Caliber using the lovely new (and huge) embossing folder that I bought from Davina on Saturday.
The peacock is part of a lovely Woodware stamp set FRCL205 Proud Peacock, coloured with Distress Inks.
The border is a DooHickey, sorry Dorothy not a Woodware punch I'm afraid, and I also added some pink Glimmer Mist to the background as well as tiny gems to the tail feathers.
Well this really is impressive, entering the challenge on the first day instead of 20mins before it closes lol.
Why not check out Woodware every day for new inspiration from the DT.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim, the rich colours and the sparkle really stand out! Fabulous work my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, could only be improved with an Crafty Edger cassette, perhaps Bubbles! I am off to make a coffee you have made me think about drinking it not just crafting with it;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx