Followers

Thursday 16 May 2013

Is it a Birthday or a Christmas card?

Evening Everyone
I hope you have had a good day.
Why is it that I always start off with the intention of dropping in on my wonderful blogging buddies, and then I get carried away with my card making, and here we are with another late post and no commenting done!!
I would say that I will try and do better but I just know that I will fall at the first hurdle, the half finished card on my desk will draw me in and I will be lost to my craft room once again lol.
I'm not sure whether my card tonight should be classed as a card for a Winter Birthday, or a Christmas Card.
Perhaps with a well placed sentiment it could be used for either.
I found the central panel in my bits box when I was searching for inspiration for our current challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. This is to choose 3 from a list of 6 techniques to use on your project.
As one of them is masking you see why this panel was among the possibilities for my card.
The image has been stamped and embossed onto a piece of background paper made using the Faux Mother of Pearl technique.
I added a masked moon to the background before I applied my dye based ink.
All the other papers are from my stash, and I used the sketch at CLP Challenges for my layout.
I think the pine branch at the bottom of the card is what gives it it's Christmassy feel.
I must confess to a bit of a double take when I opened the door this morning, but fortunately our 'Snow' is distinctly pink and floral (Cherry Blossom) unlike the poor souls in Devon and Cornwall who woke to the real thing according to the papers.
Better stop now. I will get around to all of your wonderful blogs, but as I still have to finish my class prep for Saturday, I doubt it will be tomorrow. You see I'm a lost cause already :O)
Night night.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card, I love the technique, such a fantastic scene and I love how you've used our sketch, thanks for joining us at CLP and Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx