Followers

Sunday 16 June 2013

Happy Father's Day

Evening Everyone
I hope that you have had a wonderful Father's Day. Have you been waiting on him hand and foot, just as he is supposed to do for Mother's Day?
I have spent another day chained to my desk but the Grandkids have been making sure that their Dad is looked after with a cooked 'Brunch' and plenty of cups of tea and coffee.
We also had a lovely Sunday Roast dinner, which is always a favourite with everyone.
As my own Dad is sadly no longer with us I had no need to make a Father's Day card so I thought instead that I would share this card that I made for a friend to give her Dad on his birthday last month.
Her Dad had been in the Navy for most of his adult life so she wanted something with a Nautical theme.
I had very little in the way of stamps for this so I just had to have a little bit of a spend up with Woodware.
The greeting on the map is what Vicky asked me to put on the card, it is what they call her Dad.
The ship has been coloured using Distress Inks and then the sails have been painted with thin undiluted bleach.
I used Frantage powder on some of the background images as well as Sticky Embossing Powder and Copper Leafing.
The base to the card uses one of my favourite Punch Around the Page punches which is great for Men's cards.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes or TWIST Someone Special (A Male)
Dream Valley Challenge - Father's Day / Male Theme
Totally Gorjuss - For Dad
The Hobby House - Anything Goes (The compass charm is from their collection)
The Artistic Stamper - Makes for Men
Better get to bed, it is my last day off tomorrow and I still have so much left to do. I'm hoping that the Grandchildren will wake me up before they go to school.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. thank you for joining us for the Hobby House first challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful card! I love all the wonderful little details on this project that give it so much depth! Very nicely done! Thanks for playing on our street at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a totally fabulous card. Just love the vintage feel of it!!! Great distressing as well.

    Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx