Followers

Thursday 6 June 2013

Life could never be said to be boring.

Evening everyone
Have you had a good day? Well I never said that life was boring did I, and today was definitely far from normal.
As some of you will know I work in a petrol station, and we started the day with our usual fuel deliveries.
The first one was made by 'Mr Jobsworth' who blocked off most of the forecourt, causing utter chaos, which in my opinion was far more dangerous than allowing some traffic to get to the pumps.
Delivery no 2 was far more eventful, and involved a fire engine full of hunky firemen!!!!!
It is more than a little scary when you look out at the forecourt and see smoke coming from under the petrol tanker that has just pulled onto it.
Fortunately it was all quickly under control with the aid of an extinguisher, but the fire brigade attended as a precaution.
You would think that they would check the brake pads on a tanker wouldn't you. They had gone metal to metal and overheated which is what had caused the smoke.
Still we soon settled back to normal, and the rest of the day passed without further incident.
So my card tonight is how the poor tanker driver would rather have spent his day, it should have been his day off he was just doing some one a favour, that will teach him lol.
The card was made for my friend Vicky to give to her Dad on Father's Day.
The main image is one of the stamps in the Lili of the Valley Vintage Boys range. I actually stamped, embossed and coloured this one myself using Distress inks and then cut it out using a Nestie.
The background papers are from my stash put together following the Tutorial from Crafty Lou which can also be found on the Lili of the Valley website.
The background on the main part of the card is is a Woodware stamp designed by Jane Gill called Men We Love . I have also added all of the names by punching the individual letters from another Woodware stamp called Alphabet Background. That was definitely a labour of love, but everything else just seemed far too big.
I must say I'm feeling rather shattered, that's what a burst of adrenalin can do for you, so I think I will go and lie down lol.
hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Hi! that all sounds a bit exciting Kim,love your card and the image looks lovely too,great idea with all the names and very special.
    The patchwork has come out great,love it in the circle shape and thanks for the mention.
    Hope you are well,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx