Followers

Thursday 20 June 2013

Magenta Garden Tile

Evening Everyone,
I hope that you have had a good day. Mine has been a lot less stressful than yesterday, but I can't help but be thankful that it is nearly the weekend.
I have been trying to prep for my class on Saturday, where we are playing with bleach. I do hope that the girls remember not to wear their best clothes. They should all be used to my messy classes by now, so I'm hoping that we will be OK.
There has been much playing and stamping this afternoon, but no actual card making so I thought that I would share a card that I made a while ago using bleach.
The stamp is once again a fabulous design from Magenta M.0469 Garden Tile, although unfortunately it looks as if it is no longer available.
One of the brilliant things with bleach is that it allows you to paint onto coloured card stock and still retain the true colour of the inks used.
I stamped and embossed the image onto Salmon Pink Bazzil card stock and then painted it with undiluted thin bleach.
You will have to experiment as not all card stock will bleach successfully.
Once the bleach has dried (you can speed and intensify the effect by heating using a craft heat tool) paint the image using any colouring medium. Here I have used dye based inks such as Distress or Kaliedacolour ink pads.
I tore the edges of the panel and mounted it onto black glossy, and green card stock.
I was really pleased with the subtle effect that this produced.
I will have to get a couple of cards finished tomorrow, plus the tag and instructions ready for Saturday afternoon. Oh dear what a hardship, that means that I will have to play some more lol.
hugs Kimx


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx