Followers

Saturday 17 August 2013

Sorry Shaz it's a peel-off alert


Hi All
I hope you are all having a good weekend.
I have just finished another fabulous class at Davina’s in Purley. We always have such a good time, lots of chat and crafty catching up, and hopefully some learning along the way. I know I always learn something from the ladies there.
This week we have been revisiting Resist. I felt that there was so much more that you could do with this technique that I decided that I would split it into two classes so as not to confuse anyone.
This week we looked at Multiple Resist, using several different colours layered over the top of one another to create fabulous background panels.
This was actually one of the first techniques that I demonstrated at a major Craft Show (for Crafts Beautiful at Olympia in 2002) and also one of the first things that I had published in my own right, also for the October 2002 issue of Crafts Beautiful.
Once again we made a new tag to add to their book, complete with instructions for them to refer to when they get home.
The resist panel on my tag has been created using Mustard Seed, Barn Door and finally Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink, glossy card stock and Versamark Ink.
The stamps used are from two Woodware sets, JGCL567 Leaf Selection and JGCL566 English Leaves.
This card was also made using the Multiple Resist technique only this time I used an Artemio Swirl stamp set and Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks.
I know that some of the ladies find it difficult to stamp on glossy card stock so this is where Peel-Offs really come in to their own. I know that my friend Shaz will be horrified, but all the ladies agreed that they work brilliantly here.
As I used dye based inks for the background I was able to paint some of the areas with bleach to remove the colour. I also added some Glossy Accents to some of the dots.
I'm off to play a little while I am feeling creative and before it's time for bed.
Have a good evening.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Peel offs have come a long way! If they are designed by Francoise they have got to be good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx