Followers

Monday 2 September 2013

Christmas Snow and Ice at Crafty Cardmakers


Evening Everyone
Today we started a new fabulous challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. 
Now I know this post is a little late but I shall blame my eldest Granddaughter. 
I love my Grandchildren to pieces but Megan is not top of my favourites list at the moment after she woke me up at 2 oclock this morning to dispose of a spider that had apparently followed her from her bedroom to the sofa. 
She was crashing about the living room at 11pm because she couldn’t get to sleep in her room after her Dad failed to catch the ‘gigantic’ spider that had appeared on her ceiling. Now it seems that it had followed her down the stairs and was tormenting her in the living room, hence my rude awakening. 
Typically it disappeared under the sofa as soon as I tried to get to it, and despite furniture removal it failed to make another appearance so she spent the night perched in the corner of the sofa with the lights and the TV on. I managed to get back to sleep eventually but it did mean that I fell asleep after work, hence the late blogpost lol.
Our latest challenge is hosted by Josephine, who has chosen the theme of 'Christmas Snow and Ice'. Your creation must be both Christmas related And have snow or ice on it in order to qualify for the Winner or Top 5 slots. 
I very nearly got caught out with this challenge as I forgot to turn the page in my diary, but as luck would have it this is the card I finished after Saturdays Frantage class, and it fit the bill perfectly.
The main stamped image Bertie the Snowman is from our wonderful sponsor HOBBY ART, and is actually one of the prizes.
I used Frantage Embossing powder on the brown cardstock and did a little bit of paper piecing. 
The sentiments are all from another Hobby Art stamp set called Winter Wishes.
In fact Jenny will be showcasing these stamps on the TV this week. Create and Craft Sky channel 671 on Thursday at 2pm and 7pm I think.
The background paper is from my stash and I added some tiny buttons, Puffy Stuff and Glitter Glue to the Snowman.
Don't forget to pop over and see what the rest of the gang have come up with. We love to hear from you so don't forget to leave a comment.
Happy Crafting. Let's hope the spider leaves us alone tonight lol.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this card ... saw it on the C&C show.
    My sympathies to your daughter as I have a similar phobia and had my parents move much furniture when I was young. Now that job falls to my DH and the hoover :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx