Followers

Friday 17 January 2014

Chalks, a favourite of mine.

Evening All
Boy has it been wet here today. I really thought that we were going to be in for some major flooding this morning, but fortunately it has subsided without too much damage, except a few more potholes that is lol.
I am teaching one of my all time favourite techniques tomorrow at Davina's - Chalks.
This card was made many years ago as part of a series of cards on 'Chalking' made for a book that I was lucky enough to be involved in.
I chose them as the cover for the book as I loved the bright colours.
I have used some old Hero Arts stamps here, but the technique will work with just about anything.
I have a big box of stamps to take with me tomorrow for the girls to play with, and loads of card samples for inspiration. Well, I did say that it was a favourite of mine didn't I.
As you can see here this technique works every bit as well on vellum so I have packed some of that as well.
I know that the girls will have a great time, and so will I.
Mustn't forget to take milk, there is always some serious tea and coffee consumption and I wouldn't want to run out - Gill would never forgive me :O)
Have a good weekend.
Hugs Kimx


3 comments:

  1. Have a fab time at the workshop and I love the cards, I never really use chalks, maybe I need to take your class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,........love this technique and your colour choices.....and stamp etc etc.You have been inspiring me for a long time......yes I am a very proud owner of your book.........one of my all time favourites. xxGaynor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have your book Kim. I'd always taken inspiration from your features in magazines and whilst on a trip to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary I picked up a copy of your book in a second hand book shop at Culzean Castle. I've attempted to make a few cards copying some of the stamping techniques you cover. The two cards at the end of this posting have been cased from your cards. Thank you for the inspiration you still bring to your blog.
    http://craftylizscreations.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/more-agapanthus.html
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx