Followers

Friday 7 February 2014

Stash Busters for Woodware

Evening Everyone,
The challenge this week over at Woodware  is 'Stash Busters' which fits in rather nicely with the challenge that I have set myself to use up bits and pieces from my numerous boxes of Crafty Stash.
Amongst the long forgotten treasures, I found a couple of peel-off panels and some co-ordinating background papers. This first card uses up a Peel-Off Waste design.
Basically it is as its name suggests, the waste once the peel-off design has been removed.
I cut the papers into strips and mounted them onto some DSS Sheets having first distressed the edges with my Pinecone ink pad.
This is a fabulous background and is also a great way of using up some of those little left over bits.
I decided that the card needed something extra so I stamped and embossed one of Jane's lovely new flower designs on the left hand side and then painted it with Black Soot Distress Ink, and a Stardust 700 pen.
 My second card uses a lovely Oriental peel-off design from the Francoise collection.
As with the previous panel, the cream colour is created by stamping with thin undiluted bleach.
The dry embossed image at the sides of the card has been created using an embossing folder and some Stazon ink.
I hope that this is the sort of thing that Dorothy had in mind when she set her challenge.
hugs Kimx


2 comments:

  1. love them booth, I expect that your bits collection is as big as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful card Kim, I really must try stamping with bleach you make it look so fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx