Followers

Monday 3 March 2014

Just a few Christmas Cards

Hi All
It has been another wet and miserable day here in Surrey. Perfect crafting weather, you don't have to feel guilty for sitting inside and playing lol.
I have finally finished all of my DT cards. I will share one of them on Thursday as soon as Hobby Art Jenny has been on the TV. You never know I might even get around to scheduling a post to go live when she is on the box, now that would be a first.
As I am up to date with things it is always time for a little bit of a clean up on my desk. And as it is also the start of a new month I thought that I had better count up how many Christmas cards I made in February.
I have to say that once again I have impressed myself. 33 cards, nearly all of them made from bits and pieces from my Christmas drawer. Maybe I will finally get them sent out on time this year. Now that really would be a first :O)
With a drawer full of Christmas cards, perhaps I should share a few of them with you. The weather is certainly appropriate, we have just had a huge hail storm.
The backgrounds to this set of cards were all made quite some years ago during a demo day at SirStampalot in Peterboro.
The large snowflake stamp has been stamped and embossed using Versamark ink and white embossing powder.
The colour has then been added using the Direct to Paper technique and some chalk ink pads, if memory serves.
As is always the case with a demo day you end up with loads of bits all very similar which is why they often just end up in the bits box. At least I don't throw them in the bin, that really would be a waste.
The toppers are all Lili of the Valley images which have been die cut using various shapes of Nestie.
Some have had sentiments added to them which is the only bit of new stamping involved.
I have even got my cards ready to send for all of the March birthdays so I think that I might check out a couple of challenges.
By the way don't forget to check out the new Anything but a Card Winter and/or Slap It On challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
It is the first of our Mixed Media challenges today so I can't wait to see what the Girls have come up with.
In fact I think I will pop along now and check them all out. Or maybe I will just play for a little while longer.
Hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. 33 Christmas cards wow you put me to shame Kim, I think I managed 3 or 4!! These are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *bows down before you*

    I am Mega impressed! My christmas card for the year stands at 4. I'm supposed to be doing one a week so I am well behind!

    And your cards are lovely - the recipients will be lucky to get them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was full of good intentions at the start of the year to make at least one Christmas card a week, so that I wouldn't be in production mode come early...come of it...mid December. Shame on me. Not one has been made. Your latest batch of Christmas cards made with bits are lovely. Hugs, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute and so productive of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx