Followers

Friday 11 April 2014

For my Mum

Evening Everyone,
I hope that you have had a good week and are looking forward to a nice crafty weekend, I know that I am.
Now where do I begin to share all of the cards that I have made recently.
I think that maybe this one that I made for my lovely Mum for Mother's Day is a good place to start.
I have become quite addicted to my embossing folders lately, especially since I have invested in an E-Bosser.
I'm not usually an electronic gadget girl, but this is brilliant, although I did have a bit of a meltdown when the first folder that I tried to use just kept getting spat out!!!
After a bit of a rant I tried a different platform combination and we were good to go.
I taped a couple of programs on Create and Craft yesterday, so I am hoping that there will be some tips on how to use it with dies before I cut into the wrong plate lol.
The central stamped panel on Mum's card uses one of my all time favourite stamps from Penny Black, Distress inks and some Glimmer Mists.
The embossed panel in the background was created using my Gelly Plate, acrylic paints and more Distress Ink.
 I added some stamped and stencilled images to the base card using Gold Encore ink.
The small panel with the diamond pattern was also pulled from the Gelly Plate.
The flowers and leaves were die cut from Core-dinations card stock with some added Card Candi and ribbon.
Mum is looking forward to one of her little road trips next week with her friend Liz. It's actually a 5 day break on a coach with hotel, meals and entertainment thrown in. She has a great time, and it would probably cost her more to be at home than it does for the actually holiday. Oh the joys of being a very lovely OAP.
Have a great time Ma, love you.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kim, This is a beautiful card and I am sure your Mum is going to love it, I hope you get to like your e-bosser, mine has an attitude as well and at the moment we are not working together, time out for us while I return to the Big Shot, I will admit the electronic machine embossers beautiful, it just seems to have a mind of it's own!
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to play a bit more I think Sue xx

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty but then i wouldn't expect anything else. I have an eBosser too and love mine. So good to have you blogging regularly again xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx