Followers

Sunday 18 May 2014

Let them eat cake

Evening All,
What a fabulous weekend it has been.
Fortunately on Saturday it was lovely but a little overcast which meant that the conservatory didn't get too hot during our time at Davina's.
I think that perhaps we should rename card making classes at Davina's and call them 'cake eating classes' instead. This was the fabulous creation that Jenny brought with her since she had not been present on her birthday. There was also ginger cake and biscuits so I think that we all piled on a few pounds lol.
 We had a great time playing with Embossing folders and inks, an idea that I borrowed from one of Sheena's shows on Create and Craft.
 As usual there was a tag, although I stupidly left the instruction sheet on the printer at home!!!
It is a rather picture heavy post I'm afraid as I got a little carried away with the samples.
I used Kaleidacolor Creole Spice ink for the background and then a bamboo embossing folder.
I swiped black distress ink over the embossing to highlight it and then heat embossed it with clear powder.
It makes a fabulous background for a very simple card. This would work well for a man I think.
This background was actually highlighted with Metallic Rub-ons and then a panel of acetate with an image stamped on it was added.
The background to this card was made from a piece of handmade paper from my stash and then the flower was painted with Pearlex to mirror the mica in the paper. I think this is one of my favourite cards from this post.
This piece of paper was sponged, stamped and painted with thin undiluted bleach before being dry embossed and inked. I coated the whole thing with clear embossing powder at the end which has given it that very glossy appearance.
This card was made with a piece of paper that had previously been stamped and embossed in white before the brown and pink ink was sponged over it.
This final card uses a background of Alcohol inks on glossy card stock.
I hope that you haven't had picture overload.
I had better get off to bed now as unfortunately it is back to work tomorrow. Oh well at least I had a productive weekend even if I did maintain my pasty exterior by staying indoors :O)
To be honest I don't do well in the sunshine so I was quite happy to sit and craft,
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx